Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Spring!

March....spring! I didn't have much time for the radio hobby last couple of weeks. Hopefully I will have some more time this month...

To have a good start I participated in the UKEICC contest on 80m SSB this evening. So much fun and it only lasts one hour. You need to submit your log within 1 hour after the contest finished. I will see the results tomorrow. I like this type of contest. Simple, fast and easy.

Below a four minute video taken in my shack. When watching it I ask myself how on earth I dig stations out of that noise. But right in front of the radio is a totally different sound.







EI7GL wrote a nice review of the contest here:
https://ei7gl.blogspot.nl/2017/03/ukeicc-80m-ssb-contestwed-1st-march-2017.html

4 comments:

Hans said...

Hallo Bas, leuk zo'n korte contest. Moeten ze vaker doen dan wordt het voor mij ook interessant. Ook mooi dat de uitslag de volgende dag al wordt gepubliceerd.
73 Hans, PE1BVQ.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Hans, het is ook vaker. Volgens mij elke maand. Zoek maar op google naar UKEICC. 73, Bas

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, leuk filmpje om je in actie te zien. Ja, lente daar heb ik echt zin in. Vandaag iets minder... regen en harde wind. 73 Paul PC4T

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Paul, gisteren prachtig weer hier. Nu ook wat minder, wind is hier niet zo erg hard. Dit soort filmpjes doen het altijd goed. Vind mezelf nogal stuntelig. Nu ik het filmpje terughoor denk ik, waarom hoorde ik dat of dit niet. In het filmpje hoor ik het duidelijk (bijv. de locator IO75 bij bepaald station). 73, Bas