Wednesday, March 16, 2016

IC-7300 collected interesting links

The Icom IC-7300. The radio of the future. Or my future. Reading and viewing the different reviews
of this new Icom SDR radio I get a convinient feeling. I always liked the quality of Icom products especially my good old IC-706 which is still doing well after about 17 years. Not without some small service that is, but till now I managed to do all mods and repairs myself. The IC-706 is good but has some limitations and actually is a mobile transceiver. Now, I see the IC-7300 as something in between. It can be used at home but also at fielddays. It is well equipped for digital modes (no need for a CAT modem or extra soundcard outputs) and with the spectrum scope and state of the art filters you have a advantage in contests and working DXpeditions. The price? 1369 euro in the Netherlands. If I look at my receipt from my old Icom IC-706MKIIG...I bought it at a price of 3600 old Dutch guilders, convert that to euro today it would be 1633 euro (approx.). Wow, the IC-7300 is dirt cheap compared to the IC-706MKIIG when it came out on the market. Such a cheap radio? I almost would think something about it! So, I'll wait till I hear it on-air, in contests, in a real time environment....hopefully I will get more excited. In the mean time I'll better look at my antennamast and antennas. Much more important for a amateurradio station as your station is as good as your antenna.

Here are some links to make your own opinion:

http://icomuk.co.uk/IC-7300/Amateur_Radio_Ham_Base_Stations

Video introducing IC-7300 / Menu

http://yo9irf.blogspot.nl/2016/03/icom-ic-7300-review.html

http://yo3hjv.blogspot.nl/2016/03/icom-ic-7300-marscap-extended-tx.html

http://www.ab4oj.com/icom/ic7300/main.html



4 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, klinkt allemaal erg mooi. Ik wacht eerst de bugs af. En de eerste ervaringen van gebruikers. Eerst moet ik een auto kopen, want binnenkort (hopelijk) mijn rijbewijs gehaald. 73 Paul PC4T

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hallo Paul, dat rijbewijs ga je vast wel halen. En dan een auto. Tjonge, dat veranderd je leven. Dat van mij wel destijds, ondertussen heb ik alweer 27 jaar m'n rijbewijs. Gelukkig geen ongelukken gemaakt ;-) Ja we wachten eerst maar even af. De IC-706 had ook wel wat dingetjes (o.a. de koeling) maar dat was gemakkelijk te verhelpen. 73, Bas

Hans said...

Hallo Bas, het inderdaad een prachtig apparaat met ontzettend veel mogelijkheden. Vooral grafisch een hoop informatie beschikbaar. Voor contesten ideaal want je kunt ook even aan beide "zijkanten" kijken naar activiteiten. De prijs vind ik meevallen, ik had hem duurder verwacht. Maar ik geef je groot gelijk om even te wachten totdat de eerste kinderziektes er uit zijn. Intussen kun je vast gaan sparen en erover dromen hi.
Goed weekend, 73 Hans, PE1BVQ.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Ga zeker nog even wachten en sparen Hans. Maar denk uiteindelijk dat het dit apparaat wel word. 73, Bas