Monday, January 28, 2013

A batch of paper QSL cards via bureau

Actually a crosspost with my other blog QSL Code Of Conduct. Some nice paper QSL cards via the QSL bureau. 9G1AA from Ghana is actually a nice new all and DXCC for me. I've 189 DXCC confirmed now via paper QSL, LotW and eQSL.

4U1WRC (ITU Geneva) worked on 40m SSB in the PACC contest last year, FM5CD (Martinique Island) worked on 10m RTTY last year, ZD8O (Ascension Island) worked on 15m SSB in the CQWW 2011 contest and 9G1AA (Ghana) worked on 20m SSB in 2009. I remember the QSO with 9G1AA very well, it was extremely difficult and it was only that some fellow dutch operators were persistent in getting my call that I made the QSO in the end. Thanks guys!

I was active again to get my 50 COTA contacts. I parked the car and saw I forgot my mobile antenna. Luckely the MP-1 was still at the back seat and I installed it on my car. Strange enough I couldn't get the SWR below 1,7:1. But propagation was alright and I made QSOs with IZ8JFL/1 Fabio who is activating some special activation, he has quite en large QRZ page. Next I was in QSO for about 10 minutes with Leo S51FF from Slovenia, Leo worked with his homebrew radio with 20 watts and a shortened dipole. You can see his radio on his QRZ page, his modulation was quite nice and I gave him some compliments. I moved to 14.251 the COTA frequency and after a few CQ calls  SP5TAR Maks was coming back and I had a nice QSO with him as well explaining I was activating a castle. I finished the activation today with UT0MO Alex from the Ukraine. I made 35 QSOs till now, still 15 to go...

Dit is eigenlijk een gekruist bericht met mijn andere blog QSL Code Of Conduct. Een paar mooie papieren QSL kaarten via het QSL bureau. 9G1AA uit Ghana is mijn 189 DXCC all band mixed bevestiging.

4U1WRC (ITU Geneve) gewerkt op 40m SSB in de PACC contest afgelopen jaar, FM5CD (Martinique Eiland) gewerkt op 10m RTTY afgelopen jaar, ZD8O (Ascension Eiland) gewerkt op 15m SSB in de CQWW 2011 contest en 9G1AA (Ghana) gewerkt op 20m SSB in 2009. Ik herinner mij het QSO met  9G1AA erg goed, het ging erg moeilijk en ik denk dat ik wel 20 keer mij call he gegeven. Uiteindelijk is het aa het doorzettings vermogen van Nederlandse zendamateurs ter plekke te danken dat het gelukt is. Bedankt jongens!

Ik was weer aktief vandaag om de 50 COTA contacten te bereiken. Nadat ik de auto geparkeerd had zag ik tot mijn schrik dat ik de mobiele antenne vergeten was. Gelukkig lag de MP-1 nog op de achterbank en die dus maar op de auto gezet. Gek genoeg kreeg ik hem niet beneden 1,7:1 SWR. Desondanks maakte ik toch nog leuke QSO's, het leek wel of de propagatie prima in orde was. Ik begon met IZ8JFL/1 Fabio die een SES station in de lucht bracht, Fabio heeft een lange QRZ pagina met veel foto materiaal. Daarna maakte ik een QSO van zo een 10 minuten met Leo S51FF, Leo werkte met 20W en een zelfgemaakte monoband TRX op een verkorte dipool antenne. Op zijn QRZ pagina kun je deze 25jaar oude TRX bewonderen. Zijn modulatie was zeer goed en ik heb hem de complimenten gegeven. Ik draaide daarna naar 14.251 de  COTA frequentie. Na een paar keer CQ kwam SP5TAR Maks terug en ik maakte eenvrij lang QSO met hem om uit te leggen dat ik een kasteel aan het aktiveren was. Voordat ik QRT moest nog even snel als laatste UT0MO Alex uit de Ukraine gewerkt. Tot nu toe heb ik 35 QSO's gemaakt, nog 15 te gaan!

6 comments:

Hans said...

Hallo Bas,

Prachtige QSL kaarten van evenzo practige verbindingen.
En die COTA, nou die laatste 15 stuks die haal je deze week wel. Succes.

73 Hans, PE1BVQ

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Bedankt Hans, die 15 verbindingen gaat vast wel lukken. Ik doe m'n best. 73, Bas

VE9KK said...

Hello Bas, well all the best with the final 35 contacts that you have to round up. I too have gone out in my car to only get to the spot where I want to operate and found I have left something at home. It was good you had the other antenna in the car!!
Mike

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Mike, yes I did read in your blog. So unfortunate! Hope better luck next time. I used another mobile antenna today which is partly homemade. I will post about it later this week as soon as I finished and fine-tuned it. I can already tell you that it is doing a fine job. Made it to the USA today. 73, Bas

Jspiker said...

Hello Bas,

You sure have very nice cards! I enjoy looking at them on your other site too. I wish more US station would use the E-QSL service since I find them NO different from the standard "paper" cards.

The last paper cards I got from the bureau were VERY old. One went back a couple of years.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello John, the problem with QSL is that too many stick to the old way of paper QSL. They need to accept the world is changing. But what am I talking about, my colleagues think I'm mad using a radio instead of a mobile phone....I got a card in the same pile from the USA, QSO made early 2008. so it took 5 years to get here. 73, Bas