Thursday, June 8, 2017

Some 6m experiments

Did some experiments last evening. On 6m that was, a band that is only really open during the so called ES season. And wow, it is open for shure. Last couple of years it was not that good I remember, but this year it is very good.

First experiment was some CQ calling on CW and view if it was received. Wow, it was received. Did not expect that. A easy view if propagation is good and in what direction.

Second was to call CQ on USB, see if someone would come back to my tiny signal. Using about 50W this time on my 6m heigh W2000 triband antenna. And yes, they came back....a complete pile-up. Everyone wants to talk to me....feel like a important DXCC ;-)

Last experiment was to work DX on JT65, but although Brazil was received (-10dB!) it is not a easy task to work DX with my setup. However I know it is possible and just a matter of perseverance...


No real DX QSO, but I was spotted in the USA by WD8JJA with -18dB. Theoretically a QSO would have been possible... I used about 30W.

3 comments:

John AE5X said...

Hopefully conditions will still be good this weekend for the ARRL VHF contest. I installed my PAR Omniloop a few days ago but have not been on the band yet.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Don't wait too long John, the magic can be over in a wink. 73, Bas

Hans said...

Hallo Bas,
Nou ik moet snel wezen met de vervanging van de X300 naar de V2000. Ikl loop te veel mis.
Morgenochtend een poging, mits het weer etc. het toelaat.
Is toch zonde om dit allemaal te laten lopen hi.
Alvast een goed weekend!

73 Hans, PE1BVQ