Friday, March 17, 2017

RX VK 160m JT65A

Amazing, I received VK5PO a couple of times on 160m. Strongest signal was -18dB. Several stations were replying but he didn't make a QSO. My own signal was spotted across Europe and part of Russia. There was one transatlantic spot from VO1HP. However I've never been able to make a real QSO on 160m that direction...




Correction I just made my first transatlantic QSO on 160m. Used 30W on my vertical. Never thought it was possible....with Canada I would believe it. But the first one was with KA1R Matt from Massachusetts USA. Propagation on the low bands has to be amazing tonight...

Other bands seem to be open as well. Worked 9N7EI (Nepal) on 30m CW and V21ZG (Antigua& Barbuda) on 60m RTTY.

2 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hallo Bas, mooi resultaat. Die 160 m band is toch wel erg leuk. 73 Paul PC4T

Hans said...

Hallo Bas, zeker een mooie verbinding op 160 meter. Het heet niet voor niets TOP band. 73 Hans, PE1BVQ