Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Bingo!



After more then a week monitoring for hours on JT and WSPR on 6m I finally made a complete QSO with Portugal late in the evening. It seems most of the evenings I could copy portugal on 6m JT65. Although WSPR is, besides PA0O who's living near to me, complete dead here at that time. I think with the bad propagation we encounter lately on 6 this is a nice accomplishment with 5W QRP. Speaking of accomplishments, PE1BVQ Hans mounted a V2000 antenna as wel at home. We tried to see each other on JT65 last week (distance 200+ km?) both with QRP 5W. I actually decoded Hans his signal with -20dB, unfortenately only one time and he did not see me. Probabely aircraft scatter although I saw no doppler on his signal.

Na meer dan een week monitoren van de JT en WSPR frequenties op 6m maakte ik eindelijk een compleet QSO met Portugal. Het schijnt dat er toch bijna elke avond condities zijn want ik kan Portugal hier bijna elke avond ontvangen op JT65. Alhoewel WSPR, behalve PA0O die hier vlakbij woont, helemaal dood is rond die tijd. Gezien de slechte condities op 6 de laatste tijd lijkt me dit toch een mooie prestatie met 5W QRP. Over prestaties gesproken, PE1BVQ Hans heeft ook een V2000 antenne op het dak gezet. We probeerden elkaar te zien op JT65 afgelopen week (afstand 200+ km?) beiden met 5W QRP. Ik heb Hans gedecodeerd met -20dB, helaas maar 1x en hij zag me niet terug. Waarschijnlijk toch vliegtuig scatter alhoewel er geen doppler op het signaal zat.


No comments: